Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Paloalto to Cisco ASA

azad4frnd1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am quietly new to migration process..Could you please help in this matter how to migrate from palo alto to Cisco asa firewall....is there any tools available..

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco is kinda sloppy when it comes to migration tools. There is no official tool to migrate pan configuration to asa.

Depending on your configuration size you might wanna migrate manually by replicating the configuration from pan to asa.

If the installation is fairly large (> 500 acl rules, > 500 objects)  you might wanna look into PAN and ASA (or FTD depending on the image you choose) REST API to build a script to get objects from pan and create them in ASA because migrating a large number of objects by hand can be a pita and will lead inevitably to some mistakes. 

View solution in original post

Hi. was you able to do the migration? I have the same migration and I am a bit worry..

Regards!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco is kinda sloppy when it comes to migration tools. There is no official tool to migrate pan configuration to asa.

Depending on your configuration size you might wanna migrate manually by replicating the configuration from pan to asa.

If the installation is fairly large (> 500 acl rules, > 500 objects)  you might wanna look into PAN and ASA (or FTD depending on the image you choose) REST API to build a script to get objects from pan and create them in ASA because migrating a large number of objects by hand can be a pita and will lead inevitably to some mistakes. 

Hi. was you able to do the migration? I have the same migration and I am a bit worry..

Regards!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card