cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Default username 'admin' for Cisco Firepower

NeWGuy1109
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to modify default username for Cisco Firepower devices specifically 'admin'.. i dont think it is but not sure. can i get a reference document for it ? i am being asked as part of Build Compliance to modify username of all default accounts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Admin Account

The admin account is a default user account and cannot be modified or deleted. This account is the system administrator or superuser account and has full privileges. There is no default password assigned to the admin account; you must choose the password during the initial system setup.

The admin account is always active and does not expire. You cannot configure the admin account as inactive.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Admin Account

The admin account is a default user account and cannot be modified or deleted. This account is the system administrator or superuser account and has full privileges. There is no default password assigned to the admin account; you must choose the password during the initial system setup.

The admin account is always active and does not expire. You cannot configure the admin account as inactive.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card