cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moniter Anyconnect (Secure Client) Deployments from Firepower

Wrecktangle
Level 1
Level 1

During a new Anyconnect/Secure Client upgrade, is there a way to view the status of an individual user's installation (or multiple users!) from either the FTD or FMC?  I recall this capability existing with ASA and haven't found a way to perform the same in Firepower.  I am aware of this possibility with other deployment tools such as SCCM or Intra.  Just wondering does this capability exist within Firepower?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not sure about FMC, but you can use CLI:

show vpn-sessiondb detail anyconnect | i Username|Client Ver

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to the cli command shared by @tvotna you can use the Analysis > Users > User Activity menu and then filter on Event = VPN User Logon. Be sure to increase your default time window to cover the period you want to see. Of course, we cannot see users who have not connected. Normally, a user with an older version will be upgraded upon connect.

MarvinRhoads_0-1720018725988.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not sure about FMC, but you can use CLI:

show vpn-sessiondb detail anyconnect | i Username|Client Ver

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to the cli command shared by @tvotna you can use the Analysis > Users > User Activity menu and then filter on Event = VPN User Logon. Be sure to increase your default time window to cover the period you want to see. Of course, we cannot see users who have not connected. Normally, a user with an older version will be upgraded upon connect.

MarvinRhoads_0-1720018725988.png

Wrecktangle
Level 1
Level 1

Both options were not exactly what I was looking for.  However, I was also unaware of these options, which are very helpful for the end result.  Thanks for your answers!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card