Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring interfaces traffics in Dashbord of the FMC

MedTiti92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I would use my dashboard in FMC to monitoring the traffics interfaces of each interfaces in the FTD ... I get this : see images attached ..let's take the first interface"LAN", how i can get 1,107,868.42 KB while the LAN interface in FTD is 1 GB

3 Replies 3

Jay Ponce
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The widget gives the total bytes the interfaces are transmitting and receiving.

Check attached picture:

i understand that it gives us the total bytes, but even with that, how can be passing beyond 1 Gb ... ?

Your interface is 1 Gbps. 1 gigabit per second - a unit of data speed. 1 Gbps - 1,000,000,000 bits per second. Given 8 bits in a byte, that's 125,000,000 bytes per second if the interface is running at 100% utilization.

The display is total GB - Gigabytes - a unit of data storage or volume.That can be either 1000000000 bytes (10 to the 9th power) or 1073741824 bytes (2 to the 30th power) if you're an O.G. purist like me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte

Depending on your dashboard settings, you are seeing one hour or more of data in the widget.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card