Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC agent 4.8.2 update is not working

Hi all,

We are facing a problem with the new NAC agent update, the current version of the agent that is running on the users PC's is 4.8.1, and a couple of days before, the new 4.8.2 update was popping up at the users screens.

when the user clicks the UPDATE button, the installation process begins and it removes the old agent and start to install the updated one but the installation process fails with a message that asks to browse to where the installation file exists, and when browsing to the installation file it keeps asking you to browse as another message appeard when clicking okay that you dont have a permission to access the file or the path is invalid, even from the domain admin account.

*at the begining, we have pushed the agent version 4.8.1 with the Active Directory policy, and the updates should be done from the CAM as i know.

*i was trying to search for this issue and the only solution that i have found that the installation files of the old version of the agent is still running in the windows registry and you have to run a registry cleaner software, as i cant do this on a large number of PC's.

thanks in advanced.

Mamoun

2 Replies 2

athrasivoulou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mamoun

When you push the agent through the AD what name did file had?

Hi thr,

Thank you for your response.

the old file that was pushed through the AD is "nacagentsetup-win-4.8.0.35.msi", and the new one that i am trying to update to is "nacagentsetup-win-4.8.2.1.msi".

Attached is the photo containing the error message, this error message appears when trying to update the agent and it is trying to find the old installation file from the path shown in the pic.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card