Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Agent does not download customization setting from the CAM

CSABA GARAI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to use the Agnet custumization option of NAC 4.8.0.

Based on the 'Clean Access Manager Configuration Guide' made the neccesery branding.tar.gz containing the customized nac_logo.gif, nac_login.xml, nac_Srings_xx.xml (in our case here in Hungary: nac_Srings_HU.xml). The package updet to the CAM was successful.

However, Agents do not update themself.

Other related settings on the CAM:

Option: 'Current NAC Agent is a mandatory upgrade' is checked in.

I tried to put the customized files to the appropriate folder on a client machine mannualy. After the next start of the Agent the modifications were working.

What could be the couse that clients does not refresh themeself automaticly from the CAM/CAS.

Thanks a lot,

Csaba

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Csaba,

I confirm that the document is wrong, so the branding info is only pushed after a (re)installation of the Agent.

Let me log a documentation bug to get this fixed..

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Federico

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Csaba,

Once you upload the branding info to the NAC Manager, this modifies the Agent installation package stored on the Manager itself, so the customization will take effect the next time the Agent is *installed* from the NAC Manager.

If the version of the agent is the same on the client and on the NAC Manager, then the "mandatory upgrade" will not trigger a new installation on the client side, so I suggest to try to uninstall the Agent on your client and re-install it using the customized installation package that will then be pushed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi Federico ,

Thanks for your reply.

I drawn the same conclusion as you wrote. But this is disaggre with the statement of the configuration guide:

"The next time the user authenticates with Cisco NAC Appliance, or if you enforce a mandatory update for the Cisco NAC Agent, the new Agent customization is automatically enabled on the client machine. "

In my understanding the custmization should be automatically updeted on the client at the next login.

Is it poosible that there is an unfinished or missdocumented feature in NAC 4.8.0?

Thnaks,

Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I'm further verifying this.. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,

Federico

Hi Csaba,

I confirm that the document is wrong, so the branding info is only pushed after a (re)installation of the Agent.

Let me log a documentation bug to get this fixed..

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Federico

Hi Federico,

Thank you for the confirmation and your help.

Regards,

Csaba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card