Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Appliance Agent Vs NAC Web Agent

sagarkarmarkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What is the difference between "NAC Appliance Agent" and "NAC Web Agent"?
I my case I am not getting the "NAC Appliance Agent" pop-up screen, although I am able to successfully login via "NAC Web Agent".
I would like to know if login via "NAC Appliance Agent" is mandatory.

PFA, the "CiscoSupportReport.zip" for "NAC Appliance Agent".

Thank you,
Sagar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rosenhan
Level 1
Level 1

It's not mandatory to use the agent unless you specify it in the policy for the user role that is assigned to your username.

The web agent can do most of what the installable agent does, at least when it comes to authentication and posturing.

Check the Role that is assigned to your user under the Device Management->Clean Access and see what is required for that role.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rosenhan
Level 1
Level 1

It's not mandatory to use the agent unless you specify it in the policy for the user role that is assigned to your username.

The web agent can do most of what the installable agent does, at least when it comes to authentication and posturing.

Check the Role that is assigned to your user under the Device Management->Clean Access and see what is required for that role.

Hope this helps

Hello rosenhan,

Thank you for the quick reply. This has helped me understand about the Agents role. Could you suggest me some links/notes related to NAC profiler usage and each module configuration. Thanks once again.

Best Regards,

Sagar Karmarkar.

Hello rosenhan,

If time permits, could you also look into the zip file I attached with my initial post and comment if something is wrong at my end.

Best Regards,

Sagar Karmarkar.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card