cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC OOB and 4507E

bruce.hodge
Level 1
Level 1

I have previously posted this in ask the expert but I thought I might try the wider community?

Guys,

I have NAC 4.7.2 and I am trying to add a 4507E chassis to our OOB switches.

I have had no luck.

I was asked to do the following

psql  -h localhost -U postgres  controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO  supported_switch VALUES  ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', 4, ‘Cisco Catalyst  4500 E-Series 4507R+E');"

But we got this error

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x91
HINT:    This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the   encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by   "client_encoding".

Any suggestions to get this chassis type into CAM?

Bruce.Hodge@newcastle.edu.au

Team Leader Communications Group

IT services

University of Newcastle

Australia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

I am afraid there are some arguments missing in your db command.

To manually add the OID of  Cat4507R+E to CAM's database here is the  procedure to do this.

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO supported_switch VALUES ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', '4', 'Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E')" INSERT 0 1
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "INSERT" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "0" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "1" ignored
INSERT 0 1

Then to make sure it is there:

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "SELECT * FROM supported_switch" | grep 1286

The output should be:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286      |     4 | Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E

Restart perfigo service on NAC Manager and try to manage the switch  using the model used by the above command.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bruce.hodge
Level 1
Level 1

more information on this is.

The sup is a Sup 7-E 10GE and it is running cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.01.01.SG.150-1.XO1.bin

I think the issues may be the combination of the sup and IOS-XE?

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

I am afraid there are some arguments missing in your db command.

To manually add the OID of  Cat4507R+E to CAM's database here is the  procedure to do this.

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO supported_switch VALUES ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', '4', 'Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E')" INSERT 0 1
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "INSERT" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "0" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "1" ignored
INSERT 0 1

Then to make sure it is there:

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "SELECT * FROM supported_switch" | grep 1286

The output should be:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286      |     4 | Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E

Restart perfigo service on NAC Manager and try to manage the switch  using the model used by the above command.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks Tiago.

The CAM's took the command and the grep confirms it.

I just have to get a re-start of the HA pair through our change control processes before I see if it is all good.

Again thank you for your help.

Bruce Hodge

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card