Views
Helpful
Replies

nat capability / session limit per nat

roger.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there any limit on nat capabolity on an ASA or is this dependent on ram/ cpu ?

I ask as i have 18 nat pools and 18 Global outside addresses ( a subnet per pool going to a single outside address pat / nat ). Each PC connection can have 100 + connections ( I know crazy ! ) through the same nat but on different TCP ports ...

Is there any technical limits on sessions/ connections/nats allowed or is the limit the asa size ( i have a 5510 256 mb ram ) in terms of mem and cpu .

We ar epeaking at about 9434  - I have read this unit with Plus s/ware can do a 100,000 + connections................is this the only limit ?

Guidance much appreciated ..........

1 Reply 1

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Table 7 of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/product_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html will tell you the maximum number of connections.

It is really a matter of load and traffic that the ASA can handle and these are the advertised maximum numbers.

I think ith a 5510 and about 10K conns you won't have problem if the amount of traffic is not excessive (more than 100Mbps).

I hope it helps.

PK

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card