cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT/PAT

Skyamoebe551
Level 1
Level 1

I have figured out the the router ip address are currently in the down position and need to be turned on. I can not figure out what else I need to configure so the the pings are working the way they are suppose too. I could use any hints. It is all within R2.

The password is Ciscoccna

6 Replies 6

You need to prive passwork to get helped.

All your devices are off. You know how to boot it up , dont you?

Yes I know the devices are all off and there are the serial interfaces that are no on as well. But I am unsure of where to go from there and I am not sure what the password is I thought it was Ciscoccna or Ciscoccna2022. 

Take a look now. 

This file is working fine. NAT works from 3 PCs and ping is ok.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Click on a router.  you should see a picture of back/front of a device.  you must Turn On this device by clicking on Power button - usually next to power cord on the picture of router (in the physical view of router in PT).  Same thing for PCs.

R2 password is ciscoccna (all lowercase)

go to serial interfaces and do no shut.

Ping server1 ip address and if that fails , do a trace route from PCs. you should see problem when u do trace. Pings are  going out and looping somewhere. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Okay I did that and I am still a bit lost on where the pings are going. This is as far as I got. 

You can issue show ip nat translations while tracing to server from  PCs  and watch for any output. any output is good. Looking at show run you can spot 3 major issues: default gateway of R2 not pointing  towards the Internet/ISP.

2, is similar issue where nat inside /outside are wrong places/ interfaces and interfaces are shutdown

3,  corrected ACL to permit 172.16.0.0 /16 not /30

I think those are issues needs to be resolved

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card