cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help ASA configuration ( nat inside and outside)

itcisco2015
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir or Madam,

Itried to do some lab at home and, I got below an error message ASA nat inside and outside configuration. Could you please see the attached and help me.

ASA-FW(config-network)# subnet 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
ASA-FW(config-network)# nat (inside, outside) dynamic interface
^

Thank you so much for your time and help.

7 Replies 7

HI you running an old code 8.2 on 5505 but the software 8.2 and 5505 are EOL. the NAT command you trying to put in it will not work. as post 8.4 the unified NAT was introduced. what you trying to configue is a unified nat this was introuduced in post 8.4 on wards. please consider upgrading the software to 9.1.7

you need to upgrade your unit to least 8.4 also to noted i think for 5505 you can only upgrade the software to 9.1.7

here is the link

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/280582808/type/280775065/release/9.1.7%20Interim

please do not forget to rate.

Thank you for helping me to get this.

Hi Sheraz,

Thank you for your help. I won't be able to update IOS.

Thank you,
Zam Mang

If you want to configure PAT on the ASA running pre 8.3 code, you should use the following syntax:

nat (inside) 1 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 1 interface

Thank you for helping to this issues. I did the command but there was no internet access. When I connect the inside it had DHCP ip address but there was no still internet connection.

Thank you,
Zam mang

How are you testing internet connectivity?  If you are just testing with ping then you need to the following commands (this is for through the box traffic):

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect icmp

You said you are unable to ping the inside interface of the ASA from MainRouter, this is to be expected. You will not be able to ping an interface on the ASA that is not the ingress interface.  You will need to test by pinging a device that connects to the inside interface, for example a switch.

You also mention that you are unable to ping 192.168.1.1, though I do not see this IP configured on your router (which has 192.168.200 configured), is this an IP of a different device?

Keep in mind also that MainRouter has no knowledge of the 10.10.1.0/24 network which is the subnet connected to your ASA inside interface, you need to add routing on the MainRouter if it is to be able to reach this network.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Aref is correct here.  For dynamic NAT he has provided the correct solution.  If, however, you want to configure a static NAT the you would need to use the following format when using the 8.2 version.

with the format:  real int | NAT int | NAT IP | NAT port  | real IP | NAT port

static (inside,outside) tcp 1.1.1.1 10000 10.10.1.2 80 netmask 255.255.255.255

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card