Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to buy a new Firewall

vipinrajrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

i need to buy a new ASA for my client. When i searched some things like BUN-K8, Bun-k9 noticed. What is really that?

Do it affect the cost of the ASA. Our client need to create a VPN to one of its remote office. but need to permit only voice traffic. also it shouldn't be with the same LAN. Thats why i like to purchase a new one. Does any other harware provide same capability like VPN solution and security?

Regards,

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anu M Chacko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vipin,

K8 and K9 denote the kind of encryption used.The hardware remains the same.K9 bundles have more complex and strong AES/3DES encrytion and K8 has only DES encryption. On the Cisco.com site, you will get free K9 licenses. To know more about the cost and the features of different Cisco products, please get in touch with your Sales team at Cisco. They will give you all the information you need to buy the product.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anu

P.S. Please mark the question as resolved if it has been answered. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anu M Chacko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vipin,

K8 and K9 denote the kind of encryption used.The hardware remains the same.K9 bundles have more complex and strong AES/3DES encrytion and K8 has only DES encryption. On the Cisco.com site, you will get free K9 licenses. To know more about the cost and the features of different Cisco products, please get in touch with your Sales team at Cisco. They will give you all the information you need to buy the product.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anu

P.S. Please mark the question as resolved if it has been answered. Do rate helpful posts.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What throughput are you expecting the firewall is to push?

hi

i just need to create a VPN and permit only Voice traffic with high security..

Is there any other device doing the same?

regards

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin

i just need to create a VPN and permit only Voice traffic with high security..

You can start with the ASA 5505.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card