Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to implement AAA using IAS RADIUS server

vipinrajrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I would like to implement AAA in ASA and it should be authenticate using IAS RAIUS server. Could any one suggest a best way?

Regards

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
4 Replies 4

mile.ljepojevic
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty simple and straight forward procedure.

On ASA define RADIUS servers (your IAS server), add key and configure aaa authentication to use that server-group.

On IAS, as I am not quite Windows guy, it is try and fail procedure. You can check IAS events, see how request looks like, create conditionst that will apply on that request, and you should be good to go.

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You just need to define a AAA server on the ASA.

On the IAS you have to define the ASA as a AAA client. Also make sure that the Access policy is defined on the IAS for the ASA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.. I understand that but where should i configure privilege levels. Using IAS we can integrate with Active directory right? Also i want to give permission to all others except nework guys zero privilege. since ASA is going to integrate with AD using IAS AD username and password where should i put that privilege levels?

Regards,

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin

Hi vipin,

To specify privelege levels to users, you need to define the attribute priv:lvl on the IAS server and also perform authorization on the ASA. The below link will help you with IAS configuration:

http://hermanb.home.xs4all.nl/cisco-ias.htm

The command on the ASA would be "aaa author exec ...... ". Hope this helps!

Regards,

Prapanch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card