Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Object NAT vs NAT

Alex-Pr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to understand if there is a difference between the following two ways to do NAT and if there is any performance difference

object network VLAN-Inside
nat (VLAN10,OUT-to-Internet) dynamic pat-pool Internet-NAT-POOL round-robin

nat (VLAN10,OUT-to-Internet) after-auto source dynamic VLAN-Inside pat-pool Internet-NAT-POOL round-robin

Essentially I am trying to do NAT for a specific VLAN where the outside IP address does round robin from a pool.   Both methods seems to work but I don't know if one works better then the other or can handle more traffic.

Thanks

Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @Alex-Pr

Based on your query, there is no performance difference between the NAT configurations, the only thing that you need to keep in mind is the order the are going to be checked by the ASA.

Other than that, they are the same in performance, here is the link for reference. 

HTH

Gio

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

GioGonza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello @Alex-Pr

Based on your query, there is no performance difference between the NAT configurations, the only thing that you need to keep in mind is the order the are going to be checked by the ASA.

Other than that, they are the same in performance, here is the link for reference. 

HTH

Gio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card