Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Security Gadget on Dashboard not displaying events

Daniela Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are noticing a strange behavior with several IPS AIM modules and IPS Appliances. Events are generated and can be seen from the event viewer but nothing is displayed on the Network Security Gadget on the Dashboard.

We've verified and compared configurations with other working Appliances and can't find why the count event on the dashboard is 0 while the event viewer is showing several events. We've tested from different computers with different Java versions to rule out a problem with the viewer, but the result is the same.

IPS is working and denying traffic if configured, the event action overrides are configured to produce alert for all severities (to test).

We've seen this on Appliances and ASA IPS modules running 7.0(1)3, 6.0(5)E3 and other 6.x versions, the only common denominator we can see is the E3.

It's a difficult event to troubleshoot and I haven't found any reports from similar behavior, has anyone noticed something similar?

Any ideas on where to look will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

19 Replies 19

I have been able to get the Events to display in Realtime, but the Network Security Gadget still does not show anything above 0.

Not sure if you have that issue as well.

Thank you,

Gino

No, sorry.  I didn't recheck the Network Security gadget after the events started appearing.  Everything on the events dashboard is now working, but I still have no events in the Network security gadget.

Wow! so no solution on this yet.

I have a new implementation now and Cisco suggested us to use version 6.0(4) for all our IPS modules and appliances. I'm looking forward to upgrading but I cant find a newer version that seems stable enough (i.e. the network security gadget not working).

On your experience would you recommend the 7.x version you are using for your IPS?

Thanks and regards,

Hi.

I am using Version 7.0(2)E4 for over a year now, and it is stable, but I like the old version better. It actually looks like it is doing something. Without the Gauge, it is deceiving. We have had a few card failures recently, but I don't know if it is the card or the software.

To me, if you keep your IPS up to date with the latest protection downloads, it is good enough. This version does not seem to give you anything better.

Regards,

Gino

Gino DiCarlo | Network Communications | International Derivatives Clearing Group | 150 East 52nd Street, New York, NY 10022 USA | Office 646-867-2533 | Cell 646-824-8380 | gino.dicarlo@idcg.com

Thanks! I think I'll wait to see if the 7.1 ever comes out!

Regards!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card