cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New to Cisco devices - help with ASA-5510 routing

jariwalaj
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to using Cisco firewalls. I have an ASA-5510 with a truncated Catalyst-3560 switch. I believe I have the trunk setup correctly and I created VLANs in the switch. Through the ASDM, I created the subinterfaces for each VLAN on the ASA. Now I am trying to get traffic to flow between the VLANs. I have read about security levels and assigned the levels such that the most trusted have the highest level (100). VLANs which need to talk to each other, I kept at the same security level.

On one of the higher trusted interfaces, I have a SysLog server. This computer needs access to the other VLANs in order to query and inspect logs and traffic. How do I give that VLAN/Interface access to the others? Is it inherant because of the higher security level? I believe I need to setup NAT, but not sure how to just allow open access (for now).

Thanks in advance!

Jayesh

15 Replies 15

jariwalaj
Level 1
Level 1

I believe I have the ACL setup between my two interfaces to allow the traffic and I have a NAT setup to give the server an IP address on the client network. The only thing is how does the server know to route the traffic through the firewall? On the server, the port is setup as 192.168.10.10/255.255.255.0 with a gateway of 192.168.10.254 (the firewall). When I ask it to ping 192.168.129.89, it won't ask the firewall.

Jayesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card