cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New to PIX Firewall

rmelander
Level 1
Level 1

Can I bind multiple Internet address to my Public WAN port and then route the request to individual FTP and WEB servers inside my LAN. If so which PIX firewall would be right for me? I plan on 10-20 internal LAN servers, serving request for 10-20 different WAN address's.

Make sense?

Very new to this!

Thanks!

ryanm@icsgroup.com

3 Replies 3

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

If you are new to the PIX firewall I would recommend to you to hire a experience consultant. He/she should be able to setup the PIX firewall in the most secure way and provide you with the required knowledge to manage it from there on.

The answer is yes you can have multiple outside IP subnets route to the PIX and translate them all to inside servers. The actual PIX interface has only one ip though.

edmonds_robert
Level 1
Level 1

rmelander,

Check out Cisco's web site for PIX documentation. Pat particular attention to the sections about the static, global and conduit commands. The static command associates outside (legal) IP address to you internal servers' inside (private) IP addresses. The conduit command permits the traffic to come through the firewall to those addresses.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card