Views
Helpful
Replies

NGN Firewall Features

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Team,

I need to purchase a Firewall with CX, IPS, AVC and WSE. I am looking for ASA5512-X Firewall. I also need to have comprehensive Web Reporting and Antivirus updates.

Please guide me which Model should I go for.

Regards,

Farhan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That covers the hardware and NGFW susbscription-based services.

For any ASA that has a subscription-based service attached, Cisco requires that the base unit have SMARTnet support. Your reseller can advise you as to the options and associated SKUs (part numbers) for the support contract.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco no longer does any Anti-Virus directly on the firewall like they used to with the AIP module.

Other than that, if you just order our firewall with the license for IPS, AVC and WSE you will be covered. Your reseller should be able to advise you on the exact ordering information but it is generally described in the product data sheet here (see bottom of table 4).

Dear Marvin,

I will be ordering the following and I believe the requirements will be covered as per last message:

ASA5512-SSD120-K9

ASA5512AWI1Y

Please advise.

Regards,

Farhan.

That covers the hardware and NGFW susbscription-based services.

For any ASA that has a subscription-based service attached, Cisco requires that the base unit have SMARTnet support. Your reseller can advise you as to the options and associated SKUs (part numbers) for the support contract.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card