cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one pix and two routers: how to load balancing or nat?

spakkotutto
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I need help to solve this situation,

I'have got a lan with two routers connected to internet.

I'm trying to protect this lan using only a 506e pix.

my lan is connected to the inside interface, while my routers are connected to the outside interface.

i need to use both these routers as my gateways.

i know that with 6.3 software release i can use ECMP

to load balance default routes and use the pix as my unique gateway, but i would like to know if i need only to make those routers advertise the default route to my pix or if i need ask some service to my isp.

another way to solve the situation could be to map two inside address with the outside addresses assigned to my routers ethernet,

so that i can ping two inside addresses directly from my lan and use those two addresses as default gateway for my lan hosts.

i don't need to have a unique gateway, i can divide my lan hosts into two different groups and assign a different gateway to each group.

is it possible to map outside addresses and start connection from the inside?

how to do it?

thanks for your support

Sandro

2 Replies 2

a-bekerman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sandro,

I use Radware Linkproof to resolve the same problem

regards Archi.

Hello Archi, thx for your info.

but i would like to know if it's possible to solve the situation using the hardware that I already own.

the best solution will be to map two "outside" address in the "inside" lan and use them as gateways, but is it possible with a pix?

regards

Sandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: