cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Peter, we have a Cisco PIX 520 with failover and a DMZ

careyg
Level 1
Level 1

Peter, we have a Cisco PIX 520 with failover and a DMZ. We have created an IPSec VPN from this pix's inside interface back to our main office. We would also like to enable a VPN from the dmz to the head office. Is this possible? I have created multiple VPN's on the same firewall before but this would have the same firewall creating two VPN's that would terminate on the same peer.

If this is possible could you tell me how.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

Starting with PIX release 5.1(3) it’s possible to terminate tunnels on any active interface on the PIX. I’d suggest creating another policy for the DMZ interface. I’d recommend terminating the tunnel on the outside interface of the PIX and in the crypto define interesting traffic originating both from the inside and the DMZ networks.

peter.sprygada
Level 1
Level 1

absolutely this is possible. i have it running at one of my customer sites. we had to upgrade to pix ios 5.2(2) but i think that was because we implemented NAT 0. if you would like, i can send you a sample of the ios config for your review.

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

It is possible, however what you must do is to place the cryptomaps on the interfaces the VPN traffic will leave via. This means that you will have one (1) cryptomap with two (2) sequence numbers in it. One for your DMZ and one for your inside networks. You then attach it to the leaving interface I guess in your case it will be the outside interface. The magic here is to create two seperate accesslists, one for the DMZ and one for the inside networks. You should also remember to shut off address translation for these two network, when communicating via the VPN.

This is done via the NAT (interface) 0 access-list .

An example is included below.

access-list 130 permit ip 10.30.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.3.0.0 255.255.0.0

access-list 120 permit ip 10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.2.0.0 255.255.0.0

nat (inside) 0 access-list 130

nat (dmz) 0 access-list 120

crypto ipsec transform-set des3sha esp-3des esp-sha-hmac

crypto map intranet 2 ipsec-isakmp

crypto map intranet 2 match address 120

crypto map intranet 2 set peer 10.1.0.2

crypto map intranet 2 set transform-set des3sha

crypto map intranet 3 ipsec-isakmp

crypto map intranet 3 match address 130