cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506 issue: OWA is not working out of the firewall when att changed ip's

admirkulla
Level 1
Level 1

ATT changed the IP's and now i am unable to see OWA outside of the firewall. Please let me know if there is any settings i can change in the firewall that would make OWA work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please post a sanitized config and we'll be able to help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not give much detail for us to work with. I would assume from the description that you give that there was probably an address translation and some access rules that would translate some outside address to the inside address of the OWA server and permit connections to be made to it. When ATT changed the address it is probably the case that you need to revise the static translation and the access rules to translate a new address to the OWA server inside address and permit access to it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

admirkulla
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct Rick,

The Internet provider changed my ip and the only thing i did was change the ip address in the translation rules with the new ip i got from the Internet provider. At this point i am able to see OWA from my network, but when trying from outside the network it is unavailable.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Eddi

Please post a sanitized config and we'll be able to help.

lbhoang
Level 1
Level 1

After changing the outside IP address did you clear the translation of the old public IP to private IP?

Trying doing:

"clear xlate" or "clear xlate global ".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: