cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506 possibly causing Mail Faults

g.watt
Level 1
Level 1

We’re having a mail fault which I believe is directly related to a recently installed Cisco Pix 506. We now longer are able to receive e-mails larger than 600Kbps. The MTU has been tried at 1500, 1404, 576 & 256, timeouts and fragmentation size are set to default. Anyone ever experienced a similar fault and were they able to resolve this by modifying anything on the PIX.

2 Replies 2

harishtandon23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr Watt,

I checked the posted query and it looks that there is some misconfiguration on the pix that could block the e-mails through it. Please let me know what kind of e-mail server you have, whether it is exchange server or some other kind.

I need to check fixup configuration for the smtp on the pix firewall. I would appreciate if you can send the pix firewall configuration, so that i can provide you with the correct solution.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Tandon

harishtandon23@gmail.com

Hello Harish,

The fault is not with SMTP, only POP3 we now believe the the fault lies with one of our ISP peers. We close down our BGP link to them and user we are able to recieve e-mail attatchments via one of our other peers. The e-mail server was MS exchange.

Thanks and Regards

Graham Watt

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card