Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515e 6.3(4) Local user question

wvwavere01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if there is a limit to the number of unique vpn connections a  pix 515 6.3 can terminate for the same local user account. So, basically will it work if 10 or 20 or even more users use the same local user account to setup up a vpn connection to the device at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

If you look at tabel 1, under performance summary  the maximun Ipsec sessions is 2000   for 515E firewalls -   see  "  Simultaneous VPN tunnels: 2000 "

Each RA vpn client connection counts towards this number, L2L VPN session also counts as well.  So to answer your question , if a username   VPNs-in  from three different external  locations that  will be three different simultaneous IPsec tunnels.    

Im not sure on 6.3.5 code , but in code 7.x above you can limit the number of simultaneous  RA VPN  connections per user I believe for example  to only  one  connection , if that is what you are looking into .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/ps4094/product_data_sheet09186a0080091b15.html

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

If you look at tabel 1, under performance summary  the maximun Ipsec sessions is 2000   for 515E firewalls -   see  "  Simultaneous VPN tunnels: 2000 "

Each RA vpn client connection counts towards this number, L2L VPN session also counts as well.  So to answer your question , if a username   VPNs-in  from three different external  locations that  will be three different simultaneous IPsec tunnels.    

Im not sure on 6.3.5 code , but in code 7.x above you can limit the number of simultaneous  RA VPN  connections per user I believe for example  to only  one  connection , if that is what you are looking into .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps2030/ps4094/product_data_sheet09186a0080091b15.html

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Ok, thanks, that kind of answers my question. I just wanted to

be sure that there were no limits on the number of

connections per user account, only  the limits set

by the licence.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card