Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 520 Firewall

preetcher
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.

In a project with a Pix 520 Firewall.  Topology is router to hub (inside) to firewall (inside port) - xp server connected to the hub.  Dmz to dmz of firewall (outside).  Hub (outside) to linux boxes.

Can ping from server to linux boxes, but not into and through firewall to server.  Have networks set up on firewall interfaces - all on the same network for now, just so can get working.

OBVIOUSLY, I have some configuration issues.

Can anyone direct me to Pix 520 configuration literature?  I have not been able to find any - I guess because the box is on the older side....Or any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Trying to learn this stuff and not off to the best start!

Thank you much.

2 Replies 2

shisaraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

Can you please tell me which version of the pix you are using. usually ICMP inspection needs to be enabled in order for pix to pass through icmp traffic. The configuration of the same depends on the version of the PIX you are using.

You can see if the following link helps you with the same -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094e8a.shtml#topic3

Also it will be helpful if you can provide us with a small topology diagram as well as the present configuration on this PIX.

Shivangi

Dear Shivangi,

Thank you sir for the reply.  The version is 5.3.2.

Recieved your previous link and will give the info a try.  But if based on the version submitted to you per your request, if you had other pertinent information, please don't hesitate to let me know!  Will let you know how I make out.

Thank you much.

Rob

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card