Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a dmz interface running on network 192.168.2.0 and inside network running on 192.168.1.0. I want all of my devices on dmz to connect to devices on inside network. What conduit commands I could use in conjuction with the command below to open the whole network from dmz to inside.

static (inside, dmz) 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

1 Reply 1

bdube
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

That kind of configuration is completely unsecure. What you want, is opening completely your internal network from DMZ, and this one, by definition, is open to the Internet, then internal nets will be open to the Internet through DMZ servers. Of course, it's possible to do that, but you shouldn't. But, if you absolutely want that config, move your servers to inside and kill your DMZ network, you don't need it anymore. Don't forget, F/Ws aren't miracle box against hackers. They just filtered out some attacks based on the security you have configured on it. Then, f/w is as good as the person who has configured it.

If you want some advices on this subject, you can contact me directly.

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card