Helpful
Replies

PIX and Netware 5.0 issues

u.naranjo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this situation and I'd appreciate any insights:

Moved a Win2K web server from the inside network to the dmz on a pix 520; before the move the web server was able to access a Netware 5.0 running IP, after the move we can not see the Netware Server from the web server now on the dmz. The inside network adderss is 202.1.1.0 and the dmz subnet is 10.1.1.0 and here are the associated entries on the pix:

ip address dmz1 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

global (dmz1) 1 10.1.1.97-10.1.1.125 netmask 255.255.255.0

global (dmz1) 1 10.1.1.126

static (dmz1,outside) public dmz

static (inside,dmz1) 10.1.1.16 202.1.1.16 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

conduit permit tcp host public-ip eq www any

conduit permit ip host 10.1.1.16 host 10.1.1.200

Any insights would be really appreciated,

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

do you have any nat statements?

how are you trying to test this? can you ping 10.1.1.16 from 10.1.1.200?

Yes I'm able to ping. the way I'm testing this is trying to login or map a drive to the novell server they was it was done before the web server was moved to the dmz.

Thanks,

if you are able to ping the novell box, then it appears that everything should work (as you have an ip permit all conduit that should permit all ip traffic from the www box to the inside novell box)

how are you trying to map shares? what happens when you ping the hostname of the box? you might need to edit the hosts file on the www server if you are not going to configure a dns server to server up a record for that ip address.

the hosts file is probably the quickest method

O.k, I'll try the host file; thanks very much for the insight.

Uriel.

Tried the hosts file and it did not work either. I'm thinking there is no support from Novell's to use this configuration..

Thanks,

Not applicable

This sounds as if it should work. I wouldn't give up. Are you using the Novell client? It has been a couple of years since I worked with Novell's client software. I recall that it had several options for protocal configuration ( IPX/IP, native IP, SLIP, DA etc.) Regardless, double check what components are installed and how they are configured on the W2K interface leading to the PIX. This may give you a clue.

Hi,

I got it to work doing this:

1. On the web server I edited the hosts file and added the Novell server ip and name to it.

2. Installed the client 32 on the web server since gateway services for Netware does not support native IP and the client does.

Thanks for your insight..

Uriel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card