Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX firewall between application and database server

munnupavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have problem in my data center.I have PIX firewall which sits between an application

server and database server both belong to different subnets.

When i am trying to access the application server which inturn fetches the request/data

from database server.Following are the observations

1.when firewall is there

No consistency to get the data from database server like it takes 2/10/28/100 secs

2. when firewall is not there

There is consistency to get the data from database server like it takes less than 5secs.

Please give me suggestions to overcome this problem.

what configuration changes need to be done in firewall?

what needs to be checked in firewall?

or any additional inputs to solve this problem

I did troubleshooting but i couldnt able to make it out.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

In the first point i would suggest to check out the duplex/speed settings configured on the firewall ports as well as on the ports where the firewall is getting connected..

you can view the interface status using show interface command on both the sides..

If you are sure about the duplex/speed on the ports and still getting some errors would suggest to check out for a change in the cable which is conencting the firewall to the switch or server..

regds

just wondering what the model is, and how the actual traffic flow looks like. maybe the issue is related to heavy load.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: