cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX MC 1.2.3 ...blank page

infinitingr2
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco VMS 2.2 and IDS 1.2.3 running on my server. No problems. great program. then I added firewall 1.2.3 and now I have this issues.

1. When I log in to VMS, all of a sudden, my password no longer works. The deafult user/passwrod admin/admin works. really, that's no problem just that others might not panic if they run into the same problem. I do think Cisco should have posted a warning to that effect.

2. When I open Management Center and click on Firewall, I get a message that I am being taking to a secure site, but when I get to the next page, it is BLANK. Nothing. Just blank.

3. I noticed that the first time I attempted to open the IDS Sensor window remotely AFTER THE ADDITION OF THE FIREWALL MONITOR 1.2.3, I was denied access (error 443 or some kind of authentication related error message) I then went to log on to VMS locally, and was able to open the IDS monitor window. Thereafter, i was able to open IDS MC remotely.

Ia m begining to suspect that perhaps both problems (blank page & initial authentication problems to IDS MC) maybe realted to the openSSL bug that was mentioned in the installation manual for FCS 1.2.3.

I must also mention that at he very end of the fcs1.2.3 installtion (99%), I received error mesages to the effect that the installer "could not initialize PIX MC Database."

My questions are--

1. What is the most likely cause of the blank page I get when I try to open the Firewall app within VMS?

2. Does anyone have a "read me" file for proper installation for the OpenSSL 0.9.7d patch. I downloaded the file and installed the .pl file. Is that ok.?

I look forward to suggestions.

Ade

1 Reply 1

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I hope you had terminal Services disabled, while installing PIX MC, just a thought!

HAve you applied all the new patches for IDSMC yet?

Try to uninstall the PIXMC, see if all is fine, then install it again, teh "could not initialize PIXMC DB" seems to be an issue here as well

Thanks

Nadeem

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card