cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Password Recovery

rharden55
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever experience difficulty trying to do a password recovery on a PIX 515E? I am following the procedures but unable to establish ip connectivity to tftp the bin file needed. I have tried directly connected the PC to the inside interface as well as using a switch. I cannot ping in either direction. Any knowledge or assistence would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsajwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, did you try changing the cable? Make sure it's a good working cable and it needs to be a cross-over cable if you are directly connecting the host with the PIX. And I believe, by inside interface, you mean e1..not e0....right?

If you still face issues, then could you please copy and paste the exact commands that you are entering on PIX to do password recovery?

Also, make sure there's no firewall running on the computer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hsajwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, did you try changing the cable? Make sure it's a good working cable and it needs to be a cross-over cable if you are directly connecting the host with the PIX. And I believe, by inside interface, you mean e1..not e0....right?

If you still face issues, then could you please copy and paste the exact commands that you are entering on PIX to do password recovery?

Also, make sure there's no firewall running on the computer.

hsajwan,

Thank you very much for your tips, it turned out to be the firewall on my PC. This has bitten me in the butt several times before, but for some reason I still forget to disable it. Thanks again!

Hey, great ! I am glad we found the issue. If you think I was of any help to you, you can rate my post :-)

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: