Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix Static Rules

Hi!

I have a PIX 525 Firewall and everything goes ok. Today I had to add a new static rule and a problem showed up.

I have a webserver on an internal DMZ and I have the static rule for that purpose. Now I want to have a static rule for 2 public IP addresses translating to the server on my DMZ (2 public translated to one internal IP on the DMZ). I could do that with little work...just poiting the old sites on the DNS to IP I already have...but I want to be able to translate the other IP to my internal webserver.

When I try to configure the new static rule, the PIX says it overlaps with the other...

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

This configuration is not supported on the PIX. You cannot have 2 global addresses translating to the same internal address. The most common solution I have seen for this is adding another interface (either via a seperate NIC or another address on the same NIC if your OS allows it) to the server and creating your statics on the PIX accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

This configuration is not supported on the PIX. You cannot have 2 global addresses translating to the same internal address. The most common solution I have seen for this is adding another interface (either via a seperate NIC or another address on the same NIC if your OS allows it) to the server and creating your statics on the PIX accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Hi Scott.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Francisco.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card