class-map voice

match access-list voice

and the following policy-map

policy-map qos

class voice

priority

class data

police output 4500000 conform-action drop

The actual bps for "data" is not being limited unless done in the default-class? (and then it is done for all)  Why does the default class always take over when I have a rule specifically defined for a particular type of traffic?

9 Replies 9

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

have you read the below doc?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/conns_qos.html#wp1071334

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Yes, but I cant find an answer to my question

Traffic shaping must be applied to all outgoing traffic on a physical interface or in the case of the ASA 5505, on a VLAN. You cannot configure traffic shaping for specific types of traffic.

For traffic shaping, you can only use the class-default class map, which is automatically created by the ASA, and which matches all traffic.

okay, so how do I stop the traffic from the data vlan choking out the traffic from the voice VLAN when going out the internet interface?  I presume my priority statement is still valid?

how about making data traffic part of class default ? and do the shaping .

but wont that effect the voice traffic also?  I want voice to have priorty and for teh data to only be able to use a certain % of the bandwidth so it wont choke the voice..

Priority traffic will be served frist.

okay, thanks.. and does my priority policy look okay?

You should have read the URL all the way through, as all the answers to the questions you have asked are in the text.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card