Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with license upgrade on AIP-SSM

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys:

I have a problem with my AIP-SSM, recently I download the latest license and I need to install in my AIP but when I try to do this I receive this error:

"errSystemError-idsPackageMgr: digital signature of the update file was not valid, use CCO to replace corrupted file"

So I download the license again, because maybe was corrupted, but I receive the same error at the time I want to install it.

Does anybody knows what this error means?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dustin Ralich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you are attempting to install a .lic license-key file via the Update Sensor section (which is used for software upgrades/updates instead). If you are trying to install a .lic license-key file, you can do that from IDM or IME's Configuration > Sensor Management > Licensing section. Ensure the Update From: option is set to License File, then click the Browse Local… button and locate/select the .lic license-key file on your local client machine. Finally, click the Update License button to upload and install the license-key file onto the sensor.

If you try to install a .lic license-key file via the Update Sensor section, then you will encounter the error message you noted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please advise which version of IPS software you are currently running, and what are you trying to upgrade it to? Also, please advise the exact filename that you are trying to upgrade it to.

Hi Jennifer:

This is the version that I'm currently running:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(1)

Device Manager Version 6.3(4)

And I'm trying to install a new licence because the one that I have it already expire, and this is the filename that I need to install

JAF1309APTR_20110622175316762.lic

If you need more info please let me know.

Regards

Sorry Jennifer this is the version of my AIP-SSM

Cisco Intrusion Prevention System, Version 7.0(5a)E4

the one that I post above was from the ASA.

Dustin Ralich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you are attempting to install a .lic license-key file via the Update Sensor section (which is used for software upgrades/updates instead). If you are trying to install a .lic license-key file, you can do that from IDM or IME's Configuration > Sensor Management > Licensing section. Ensure the Update From: option is set to License File, then click the Browse Local… button and locate/select the .lic license-key file on your local client machine. Finally, click the Update License button to upload and install the license-key file onto the sensor.

If you try to install a .lic license-key file via the Update Sensor section, then you will encounter the error message you noted.

Hi Dustin

CC: Jennifer

You're right, I was trying to install the license-key in the section Configuration>Sensor Managment>Update Sensor sorry for that but now I already install the new license.

Thanks for your help!!!

Regards!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card