Views
Helpful
Replies

Product Advice - HTTP Protection

Peter_sgc_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need a firewall that will protect web applications from attacks. We have no control over the source code.

What do people recommend?

trying to prevent things like .. SQL Injections, Buffer Overflow and PHP and ASP vulnerabilities.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you contact your preferred Cisco reseller there are various demos they should be able to arrange. They range from instant demo (WebEx walkthrough) to dCloud-based to on-site deployment of an ASA with FirePOWER services that can use and analyze your actual traffic. That last one is known as "proof of value" program.

If you don't have a regular relationship with a Cisco partner, I recommend you use the partner locator tool and do an advanced search for one who is a Master Security partner.

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any of the Cisco products with Firepower can do this - ASA with FirePOWER service module, Firepower appliance running FTD image, or Firepower NGIPS appliance.

Which product depends on if you want to replace your existing firewall and what throughput you require.

Hello Marvin,

Thanks for the Advice, I have not heard of FirePOWER.

I stopped working with Firewalls when PIX became ASA so I am not familiar with what they can do now.

Thanks, I will take a look. 

You're welcome.

Firepower is the technology from Cisco's acquisition of Sourcefire in Fall 2013. Sourcefire was the series of commercial products that were built on and extend and enhance the open source Snort IPS.

Cisco has integrated it across most of their security portfolio. Add to it things like endpoint protection with AMP (Advanced Malware Protection) for Endpoints and Cisco Umbrella (former OpenDNS product) and you have a very complete and effective security portfolio.

Please mark your question as answered if it has been.

Thanks Marvin,

Would you know how I could get a Product on Demo to make sure it would do what I need?

If you contact your preferred Cisco reseller there are various demos they should be able to arrange. They range from instant demo (WebEx walkthrough) to dCloud-based to on-site deployment of an ASA with FirePOWER services that can use and analyze your actual traffic. That last one is known as "proof of value" program.

If you don't have a regular relationship with a Cisco partner, I recommend you use the partner locator tool and do an advanced search for one who is a Master Security partner.

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: