Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on ASA5510

sophiaconseil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I just have a question. Recently I've implemented QoS on my ASA 5510 to prioritize my voice and video against regular data. I've read a lot about, what's is said to be the best queing method for voice, LLQ, unfortunately I discovered that all the things I've read and learned didn't exist on an ASA. I wanted to guarantee bandwidth for my SSH and Telnet traffic but I couldn't, I wanted to let my regular data have all the traffic while no congestion is being experienced by the ASA but I'm not sure wether it would work. So what I did was I made different class-maps to match my different traffics and then I defined three traffic as priority traffic and I policed the others. I'm not sure but I think all the priority traffic compete against each other in the same prioty queue. Also if that priority queue has always traffic in it, it could starve the non priority traffic. Am I in the right?

My rules seem to work, but I'd like your opinion on wether I did it the right way.

Thank you in advance for any comments you may give me.

access-list ACLVIDEO extended permit tcp host 10.5.5.7 any range 3230 3243

access-list ACLVIDEO extended permit udp host 10.5.5.7 any range 3230 3341

priority-queue outside

tx-ring-limit 3

class-map MATCH_DSCP_EF_VOICE

match dscp ef

class-map MATCH_SIP

match dscp af31

class-map VIDEO

match access-list ACLVIDEO

class-map MATCH_TELNET_SSH

match port tcp range ssh telnet

!

!

policy-map REGLES-LLQ

class MATCH_DSCP_EF_VOICE

priority

class MATCH_SIP

priority

class MATCH_TELNET_SSH

police output 10000

class VIDEO

priority

class class-default

police output 1407000

!

service-policy REGLES-LLQ interface outside

Priority-Queue Statistics interface outside

Queue Type         = BE

Tail Drops         = 0

Reset Drops        = 0

Packets Transmit   = 39644324

Packets Enqueued   = 20217

Current Q Length   = 0

Max Q Length       = 7

Queue Type         = LLQ

Tail Drops         = 0

Reset Drops        = 0

Packets Transmit   = 281796

Packets Enqueued   = 13

Current Q Length   = 0

Max Q Length       = 1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

I dont see anything wrong on the config, You did the main two things that someone who really wants to ensure bandwidth would do.... You did do Priority Queue, (LLQ) as you saw, you have to create one per interface and the you police the rest of the traffic. My personal opinion, I dont see anything bad on it.

Mike.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

I dont see anything wrong on the config, You did the main two things that someone who really wants to ensure bandwidth would do.... You did do Priority Queue, (LLQ) as you saw, you have to create one per interface and the you police the rest of the traffic. My personal opinion, I dont see anything bad on it.

Mike.

Mike

Okay then, thank you for checking.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card