Views
Helpful
Replies

RadiusAccountingStart/Stop always reports same username

david_lepage70
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been testing with the pxGrid SDK and the default samples.

I've followed the technical document with regards to testing each item and as I was testing a subscriber model to the RadiusAccountingStart/Stop, I noticed that when using the RadiusSimulator.jar from the pxGrid website - that the username is always logged as "user1".

The guide indicates that user1 is the default if left blank but i'm specifying a username in the call to the jar.

For example, if you run "session_subscribe.sh" in one window. Then execute the radiussimulator.jar with the following:

java -cp RadiusSimulator.jar -DUSERNAME=user5 -DPASSWORD=Aa123456 _DCALLING_STATION_ID=11:11:11:11:11:11 -DAUDIT_SESSION_ID=1024 _DFRAMED_IP_ADDRESS=172.18.1.26 _DFRAMED_IP_MASK=255.255.255.0 RadiusAccountingStart 172.18.1.35

I see the session notification but it's always for user1. Is this a known issue?

Also, is it possible to subscribe the the RadiusAuthentication calls? I'm still trying to find a way to determine how to make that work.

Thanks!

16 Replies 16

josempavon
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. If you have found the reason, can you publish the answer, please?

I tried to reproduce the same Radius commands with radclient and it works as expected.

Analyzing the packets with tshark, when using RadiusSimulator.jar, I found that Acct-Session-Id is incorrectly set to "123" on all packets, independently of the value of ACCT_SESSION_ID.