cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rdep Thread TImeout

farhanmobin
Level 1
Level 1

I am running with Sensor 4215 with IPS version 5.1 and IPS-K9-patch-5.1-1p1. I was able to use Web interface on TLS. Since last week I am unable to connect to the web interface. Everytime I try to connect to it it loads itself to 77% and give me an error "Error connecting to sensor. Failed to load sensor - Rdep Thread Timeout".

My web interface start working if I disable TLS. Please let me know what should I do to make it work back again.

Thank!

5 Replies 5

randyclark
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same exact problem on my 4250 If I restart the IPS box I can log in once it will then lock up and I get the 77% Rdep timeout.

CHRISCARPENTER
Level 1
Level 1

I have that issue several times a day. The easiest way is to CLI the sensor and do a

sho statistic host and view the cpu utilization

it will be at 100 percent

the only solution is to reset the sensor...problem solved.

if cisco has a fix for this chronic problem I would surely like to know.

chris

How do I reset the sensor?

You might try to restart the cids services using the service account. To restart, type the following command at the service account prompt(you must su to root first).

/etc/init.d/cids restart

If this doesn't resolve the issue, then type "reboot" at the prompt. If all else fails, cycle the power by pulling the plug.

Hope this helps....

randyclark
Level 1
Level 1

My problem started as soon as I upgraded to 5.1 berfore the patch.

I reimaged my sensor from 5.0 and loaded IPS-K9-min-5.1-1d.pkg, then sig IPS-sig-S223-minreq-5.0-5.pkg and finally patch IPS-K9-patch-5.1-1p1.pkg. So far so good I haven't had the problem since. Before I had min 5.1-1a and a lower sig.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card