cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recent Auto Nat issue (Issue resolved) Hope NAT view helps others

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys can you review the below and tell me what I am doing wrong here??? I am trying to do two Static Auto Nat statements for each traffic flow so that the NAT would also work with the backup zone if primary isp fails. I keep getting this over lap message but I dont know where the problem is??? I also am scheduled to replace this firewall this Sunday so am in need of a solution quickly. Any help be appreciated. I should mention that the Public IP block assigned to the Outside interface is 255.255.255.248 so 5 useable IP addresses.  I am trying to create a corresponding NAT rule for the secondary ISP backup so it would work in case primary ISP fails.

NATERROR.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I accidently used object that was defined as the interface IP rather than just specifying Interface. This caused the error as I was specifying the IP address of the Interface in an object .

I decided to leave the above in place in case anyone trying to do NAT with multiple WAN zones. Hopefully it helps someone

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I accidently used object that was defined as the interface IP rather than just specifying Interface. This caused the error as I was specifying the IP address of the Interface in an object .

I decided to leave the above in place in case anyone trying to do NAT with multiple WAN zones. Hopefully it helps someone

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card