Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant VPN with only gateway

I have three sites and the first and second site have redundant link but the third site only has a link.
The third site has two VPNs site-to-site one for the first site and one for the second site.

How do the traffic that leaves of third site with destination the first site go over of the second site, but only when the VPN between first and third site is unavailable?

The third site only have a link and a gateway.

1 Reply 1

Hi Bro

Please do correct me if I’m wrong, your question is, if Site1 is completely down, how do LAN users in Site 3 access to the LAN in Site 1 via Site 2, am I right so far?

I’m assuming Site 1 and Site 2 are sharing the same LAN i.e. Hub and Site 3 is a spoke.

Are you using Cisco FW or Cisco Routers as the VPN Servers, in this scenario? If you're using Cisco Routers, then you should look into Cisco IPSEC over GRE solution but if you're using Cisco FW, then you could employ something like this;

crypto map VPN 10 match address TEST

crypto map VPN 10 set peer 202.188.1.5 203.198.76.3

crypto map VPN 10 set transform-set SITE-to-SITE_VPN

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card