cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove UC Phone Proxy Session license from ASA

lmqtechnology
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to remove the "24x UC Phone Proxy Session license" from an ASA 5505? The reason I ask is I need to create an HA pair and the other ASA does not have this license.

4 Replies 4

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To remove the license, keep a copy of the current activation key that you have. In case, you would like to re-enable the license, then you can just reactivate it using the current activation key.

To remove the license from the activation key, send an email to licensing@cisco.com. Include a copy of "show version" and advise them that you would like to get an activation key without the UC Phone Proxy Session license. Once they provide you with the new activation key (that excludes the UC Phone Proxy Session license), then you can enter this new key on the ASA.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Does the customer need a smartnet agreement to do this?  This is second hand equipment

Hi,

I don't think so. You are just requesting a license removal. Licenses are purchased one time and are not bound with support contract. But i am not sure. Just send an email to them and see what they have to say. But you would need another activation key. I am pretty sure they should be able to help.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi,

You can also try below. If you get the activation key, it means that you don't need smartnet contract to have the license key from cisco. Then you can send an email to them asking the removal of that particular feature. They should be able to help.

Step 1 Obtain the serial number for your ASA by entering the following command.
ciscoasa# show version | grep Serial

Step 2 If you are not already registered with Cisco.com, create an account.

Step 3 Go to the following licensing website:

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Step 4 Enter the following information, when prompted:

Product Authorization Key (if you have multiple keys, enter one of the keys first. You have to enter each key as a separate process.)
    The serial number of your ASA
    Your e-mail address

An activation key is automatically generated and sent to the e-mail address that you provide. This key includes all features you have registered so far for permanent licenses. For time-based licenses, each license has a separate activation key.

Regards,

Kanwal

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card