cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report only for visited URLs

valkos
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to generate a report on FirePower so we may see only the URLs that were entered by users or clicked upon.

Basically the URLs that show up in address bar.

The problem that I see is that the reports are too crowded with URLs from reference links that are found everywhere in websites: CDNs (CloudFlare, Akamai, MaxCDN etc...), Facebook pixels, Google Analytics and many other URLs which are referenced from visited URLs.

Example, if a user has opened website A, I only want to have a report for website A and not all other links which are in website A source (FB, GA, CDN, etc...)

A real example: An online store, which has virtual support through chat, makes hundreds of thousands of queries to externally hosted chat services, although the user never used it.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe that's possible.

The network (and network sensor like Firepower service module or FTD or whatever) has no way to distinguish traffic coming from the browser as part of a user action (typing or clicking) or part of a page load.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card