cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resources to help with configuring the ASA 5510 to support a backup internet connection as a failover link

patrickdoman
Level 1
Level 1

I am presently looking to help a client with configuration on a ASA5510 for the addition of a internet connection to act as a backup connection in the case the cable goes down. I am new to the high availability arena with the ASA and I would like to know if anyone can help guide me to a document that will help me get the configuration going correctly.

We have a couple of cable modems and when the service company goes down or has issues, it is troublesome to get it repaired in time without limited or no access to the internet. My plan is to recommend a Wireless 4G network connection as a backup but I need to be able to configure the ASA to look for the connection in the event the Cable modem bank goes offline.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for how this can be done so I can get started with some ideas for the present contact on this issue.

1 Reply 1

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

See below this configuration example for a redundant ISP connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card