Views
Helpful
Replies

Rollback FTD from cdFMC to on-prem FMC

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

According to document, quoted and link below,

"You have a 14-day evaluation period to review and assess the migration changes that are made to the threat defense devices before CDO automatically commits them. During this evaluation period, if you are not satisfied with the changes, you can either undo the changes and continue managing the device with the on-prem management center or commit the migration changes. It's important to note that after the evaluation period expires, CDO will automatically commit the changes, and it will no longer be possible to undo them."

https://edge.us.cdo.cisco.com/content/docs/index.html#!c-change-ftd-management-overview.html

Within the 14-day period, is there anything I need to do/configure inside CDO/cdFMC if I need to rollback the FTD to my on-prem FMC? If so, where is the rollback/undo option? Just delete the migration job workflow? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

Found the answer barried deep in a doc...Here is the screenshot of that rollback option within CDO in case you are looking for it as well. Worked pretty good from what I tested!

Screenshot 2023-12-08 162532.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SIMMN
Spotlight
Spotlight

Found the answer barried deep in a doc...Here is the screenshot of that rollback option within CDO in case you are looking for it as well. Worked pretty good from what I tested!

Screenshot 2023-12-08 162532.png

Hi,

I have 2 queries and it would be helpful if you address them.

Does selecting delete ftd from onprem fmc during migration process, delete the ftd or it is till i do final commit changes. PFA snapshot.

Vishal6_0-1728380189857.png

2. Does option revert manager to onprem fmc we get post completing migration job process and selecting commit migration changes. PFB link 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-firewall-threat-defense/222053-migrate-firepower-threat-defense-to-clou.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card