Setup for outside VLAN:
1. Pix outside interface IP address 192.168.1.1
2. Internet router e0/0 - 192.168.1.3
3. default route on Pix - 0.0.0.0. 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.3
4. default route on Internet router - 0.0.0.0. 0.0.0.0 <next hop to ISP>
I do not have a route that points to the Pix for Inbound traffic.
1. Without a route back to the Pix on my Internet router for inbound traffic, how does the router know how to send it to the Pix?
2. Will this scenario work?
a. Internet router - 192.168.1.3
b. Outside Pix 1 interface - 192.168.1.1
c. Outside Pix 2 interface - 192.168.1.2
2 pix firewalls on the same outside subnet as my Internet router. If I have a a 192.168.1.0/27 subnet and I have the following statics:
Pix 1 - Static (inside,outside) 192.168.1.4 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 (Inside Lan 1)
Pix 2 - Static (inside,outside) 192.168.1.5 172.16.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 (Inside Lan 2)
Is it possible to route two different static translations from the same subnet on the outside from the same Internet router to 2 different LANs behind 2 different Pixes? If not, does anyone have another suggestion?