Helpful
Replies

Security Context License Issue for Cisco ASA 5585

kamaraj_k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone help me in licensing issue for security context in ASA 5585,

We recently purchased a ASA box (5585) which has default security context of 2 and we had like to have 25 context license for this ASA and we got two PAK codes from Cisco for 20 and 5 licenses respectively.

When we generate the license key by combining the both PAK codes in Cisco portal and apply the same on ASA, it doesnt take show the 25; intead it shows only 20.

Is this really possible to stack the context licenses like 20+5 or do we need to purchase a PAK code for whole 25 context license?

Please advise me on this.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Kam       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This should probably have to be handled with Cisco directly or through the company that got you the license.

To my understanding there is a possibility that the you would first install one license key and the other license might be upgrade from the previous license to the next limit of the licensed feature.

I have had several occasions where I have been provided with the wrong license and have had to contact Cisco/supplier again to get the correct licenses for my device.

While I was posting this reply I checked the Licensing document for the ASA models. It would seem to me that there is no 25 Security Content License for the ASAs. The closes are 20 SC license and 50 SC license

Check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/intro_license.html#wp1230400

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This should probably have to be handled with Cisco directly or through the company that got you the license.

To my understanding there is a possibility that the you would first install one license key and the other license might be upgrade from the previous license to the next limit of the licensed feature.

I have had several occasions where I have been provided with the wrong license and have had to contact Cisco/supplier again to get the correct licenses for my device.

While I was posting this reply I checked the Licensing document for the ASA models. It would seem to me that there is no 25 Security Content License for the ASAs. The closes are 20 SC license and 50 SC license

Check this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/intro_license.html#wp1230400

- Jouni

kamaraj_k
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!!

I have checked with the licensing page for my 5585-SSP-20 and realized we dont have the one for 25!! We might have made a mistake while ordering the license.

I am checking with Vendor for the same and thank you very much for your information!!

Regards,

Kam

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card