ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Invite showing private IP

harkinscisco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with out going sip traffic showing my private IP in the header instead of the public IP. I have a cisco asa 5510 and everyone seems to think the issue resides on the firewall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies 4

is it possible for you to share your configuration? Is the traffic flowing from inside to outside, right? Is it using PAT when going out?

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Sounds like it isnt being natted correctly on the ASA, and the Inspection is sending the packet out without modifying the IP.There are a few versions of OS that have a bug that causes this.  8.0.4(33) is one version we use that fixed this problem. We had worked with Cisco troubleshooting this exact problem. Check your OS and you may need to upgrade it.

harkinscisco
Level 1
Level 1

I found this in the change log for the version above my current version

SIP Inspection Doesn't NAT Call-info field in SIP Notify message

Looks like I need to upgrade. Thanks, guys.

I just ran into this problem with a new ASA. I didnt drill trhough the debugs to verify that the return IP was in fact a private IP, but from past experience where I have seen it do this, inbound calls work fine, outbound calls were affected, the called phone would ring, the caller would get a busy, the called phone would answer and hear dead air. According to the ISDN debug it shows the call active, but no inbound conn was setup.

The version runing was 8.2(4), I reverted to a known good, 8.0(4)33, and problem went away.  I need to review the other firewalls we maintain to see which version they are running that work.  I know 8.3 works since I have at least 1 of those versions currently passing voice traffic through in SIP and H323.

Anyone know how I can contact Cisco to run this past them without opening a TAC case?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card