Views
Helpful
Replies

slow speed between LAN and DMZ

patrifick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have weird issue. I was transfering some files from LAN to DMZ and have noticed that the transfer speed between the LAN server and DMZ server is very slow. It is around 990kbps. Would anybody be able to let me know how to resolve it or do appropriate checks?

thanks

Patrick

3 Replies 3

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Patrick,

Its really not possible to comment on the reason for it, but yes there a couple of chceks that you can do for it:

1. Check for errors on the interface, by doing "show interface". Check the dmz and lan interface if you see any incremental increase in the errors, whe you do a download.

2. Do "shwo asp drp", chcek the counters and then do "clear asp drop", start downloading, and collect the output of show asp drop 5-6 times and check which counter increases exponentially.

3. After a download do "show service-policy", does it show you any dropped packets.

4. Also verify if its happening for all the hosts or some specific hosts.

5. Collect ASA logs from the time of the issue.

6. Check if you have any modules on the ASA like IPS or CSC, try removing the policy for them and check if it works fine without them.

This should atleast give us a fair idea about the cause of the issue.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi,

I did as you recomended and couldn't spot anything unusual? I have attached the results of testing for you to double check. I have also attached the config of the firewall.

thanks

Patrick

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

The most common reason for slow transfers is duplex mismatch.  Check ASA ports and switch/server ports to ensure that every point to point connection matches on duplex.  Auto - Auto is fine, Full - Full is fine but Auto - Full will cause this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card