cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP for temperature on Firepower 1010 with ASA, not FTD?

eyetea6
Level 1
Level 1

I see many questions about SNMP and the Firepower 1010 but I think none of them apply to my situation so I'll ask.

I believe I'm trying to poll for chassis temperature on the Firepower 1010 with an ASA image, not an FTD image. Of the documents I have read about configuring SNMP, they refer to the Firewall Management Center (FMC) and Firepower Chassis Manager (FCM) but I don't think these will apply to me since it's an ASA image and not an FTD image but correct me if I'm wrong.

I have tried to poll 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2.9 and .10 (Chassis Ambient Temperature 1 and 2) but they don't exist and I get an error like "no such object" or something similar. I have looked at the CISCO-FIREPOWER-AP-PROCESSOR-MIB and found OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.826.2.1.66.2 with OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.826.2.1.66.2.1.10 (cfpr ap processor env stats temperature) but I get "no such object" etc on anything in the 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.826 tree.

The oidlist on the device shows 1.3.6.1.2.1.99.1.1.1.4 (entPhySensorValue) from ENTITY-MIB but nothing in the 1.3.6.1.2.1.99.1.1.1 tree shows up either. So that's another dead end.

I've read in other posts that "you have to poll FXOS for these" so I'm wondering if the 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.826 tree is in the FXOS SNMP engine and not in the SNMP engine of ASA or whatever it is I'm polling when I poll the IP of the firewall now and getting back other values like uptime, etc.

Will I need to get into the FXOS CLI and configure a management IP and then enable SNMP on that IP/interface and then poll that separately from the IP which is currently being used for SNMP to get these other basic values? Is that possible or do I need FMC or FCM or FDM or something else?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw47997

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card