Views
Helpful
Replies

SNS3415 for my lab tests

kirill2ll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'd like to use an SNS3415-K9 for my lab tests. It doesn't have an HDD. So I have a few questions:
1. I plan to install only eval image. For evaluation, the HDD requirements is 200GB (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide22/b_ise_InstallationGuide22_chapter_01.html)
So is it possible to use an HDD for 160GB? Will it check the disc size during the installation or for eval image 160GB should be fine?

2. SNS3415 is supported only up to ISE 2.3. Will it be possible to install the eval image for ISE 3.0? Keep in mind I need it only for my lab.

3. The installation process:
a. Could you provide any guidance or documents on how to install the new image? What are the steps? Since the HDD is new, what should I expect? 
b. Will Eval image be installed on the bare metal of SNS3415? If yes, the evaluation image of 3.0 should be installed on SNS3415, because it meets the CPU and Memory requirements in Table 1: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide30/b_ise_InstallationGuide30_chapter_2.html
Or I'll have to install a hypervisor? 

Please, feel free to give any comments and advice. I'll be happy to get an answer to any of my questions. Appreciate your help

Kirill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot install the later ISE versions on an SNS-3415.

You are much better off just installing ISE on a VM. You could get an adequately sized HDD for the SNS 3415 and put ESXi on it and then install an ISE VM (vs. ISE on bare metal), assuming you meet the CPU, disk and memory requirements. The ISE installer will check for the minimums and not allow you to proceed if they are not met.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot install the later ISE versions on an SNS-3415.

You are much better off just installing ISE on a VM. You could get an adequately sized HDD for the SNS 3415 and put ESXi on it and then install an ISE VM (vs. ISE on bare metal), assuming you meet the CPU, disk and memory requirements. The ISE installer will check for the minimums and not allow you to proceed if they are not met.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card