Views
Helpful
Replies

SourceFire AD agent and MACos users

Maher Shaban
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

we have sourcefire AD agent installed on windows server 2016. all users are shown in the access logs except for user logged in from MACos devices.

is there any fix for such issue?

Thanks,

Maher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I suspect they may not be generating logon/logoff events in the Windows Security Event log.

On the Active Directory server, select Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Then select Windows Logs > Security.

If you don't see the Mac OS logon event there, the User Agent won't either because that's where it reads to send them off to FirePOWER Management Center. In that case, you would need an alternative identity source like ISE. If you do see the events, it may be a bug and I would open a TAC case for that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the MacOS users authenticating to your domain? They need to be doing that and their login must create an audit event. That's what the agent retrieves from the server using WMI.

Hi Marvin,

yes, they are all authenticating from the domain.

any advise,

Thanks,

I suspect they may not be generating logon/logoff events in the Windows Security Event log.

On the Active Directory server, select Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Then select Windows Logs > Security.

If you don't see the Mac OS logon event there, the User Agent won't either because that's where it reads to send them off to FirePOWER Management Center. In that case, you would need an alternative identity source like ISE. If you do see the events, it may be a bug and I would open a TAC case for that.

Hi Marvin,

I found out that the logon and logoff requests on AD comes with the computer name, not the username.

thanks for helping.

Cheers,

You're welcome.

That's good info - thanks for sharing your findings.

I wasn't aware of that behavior for Mac OS clients. I wonder if that can be changed?

Are you at least getting the computer name show up in your FMC for those Macs?

Hi Marvin,

Actually, I found the user accounts events found on SFR user activity.

I don't know what is going on with Mac users exactly?

any advise?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card