Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire unable to ssh and gui

John
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We have a problem regarding in sourcefire. We are unable to ssh and gui the management. Our resolution is we need to restart 4 times the appliance before it's work. What would be need to prevent this behavior?

6 Replies 6

Aastha Bhardwaj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the version on which your SFR is  and is that a module or sensor ?

Does the device is up when you are unable to ssh or GUI to it , try pinging it and see .

Can you check : less /var/log/messages and see any errors or fail messages.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Hello Aastha,

Yes the device is up and running. I can ping the device but we can't access via gui and cli. The version of the DC is 5.3.0..

Hi,

The version of DC is very old that you are on and it might be that we might be running into some known issues so definitely you should consider upgrading it . Restarting the services give you a temporary solution , do you see any health alerts related to DC  or high disk utilization ?

I would suggest you to open up a TAC case because we might need to check few things on it to get to the root cause.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

hi,

I am having  same issue with Firepower MC ver 6.0.1

Regards

Hello Attah,

If you cannot login to both GUI and ssh then this can be due to high utilization of resources in the device.Since you dont have access to both , we need a live troubleshooting here. Please open  a TAC request and perform a live troubleshooting via direct console sharing. If any time device access back , please generate a troubleshoot file for RCA.

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Aastha,

We do have the same issue, but we can SSH but cannot launch the GUI.

what services should i restart to fix the gui launching issue?

Regards,

Vinay

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card